- If God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, why has the tithing law changed so drastically from Israel’s time to where we are now?
- Why don’t we honor the tithing feast in Deuteronomy 14?
- Even though Israel had gold and silver, and could barter, why were they required to only give food, but we are permitted to give money?
- Were the tithes used to build the temple or help with maintenance?
- In Genesis 14, why did Abraham give 10% of his war spoils and not of his own wealth?
- Why was Israel required to give less than 1% of the increase in spoils of war? (Numbers 31).
- The tithe was used to support civil and governmental duties performed by Levites, so why are we required to tithe before taxes are taken out?
- Is tithing a schoolmaster that has already BROUGHT us to Christ, or is it still bringing us?
- In Malachi 3, because specific portions of offerings were required as well, Israel robbed God not only of tithes but also offerings. So why are offerings freewill for us?
- Let’s compare these two statements:
– Where should our giving begin? vs.
– Where should we end our giving?
– Now, which answer should we be teaching?