Since many people wonder why i spend much of my time discussing and studying the bible about tithing and stewardship i want to share some inside information that will help you understand how important this issue is globally.
I first began this website in 2006 with the intent of just simply publishing my beliefs and studies on the subject of tithing. I wanted to help spread the truth about tithing and how it was falsely being taught in the Church. I just wanted to share my thoughts with a few people and had no intention of making it popular throughout the world.
How big has this website grown?
In my first month tracking the website statistics, it was August 2007 and i had a total of 3,800 “unique visitors”. For those of you who are unfamiliar with statistical jargon, you have three main types of statistic tracking categories that help you determine the impact of your site – ‘unique visitors’, ‘visits’, and ‘hits’. Unique visitors is your bottom line. This shows how many individual entities had visited your site. Visits and Hits will always be higher numbers and are not really used to determine your impact. Great we got that out of the way, so let’s move on.
A year later in August 2008, the number of unique visitors had doubled from from 3,808 to 8,042. At this point, i really began to wonder how many people on the internet are really searching for answers and questions on tithing? But by August 2009, it nearly doubled again to 14,352. At this point, this website was within the first couple spots on Google in the U.S. for “Tithe” or “Tithing” keywords. My first assumption was that this website has probably maxed out on potential. Now that it was listed near the top of Google, i didn’t think it could grow much bigger. Nonetheless, i kept writing more blog articles and networking more.
Of course, once again in August 2010, the website grew tremendously. The website was at 24,325 visitors for that month. Now, in March 2011, the website reached 33,896 unique visitors for that whole month! That is over one-thousand a day that are searching for articles on tithing or stewardship and are coming to this website.
Some more Interesting Statistics
- Per country, our most visitors come in this order – U.S., Russia, Great Britain, Germany, Philippines, Canada, Brazil, South Africa, Spain, Netherlands, China, Australia, France, Indonesia, Thailand, . . . and more. . .
- -1587 visitors came to our website by searching for “Tithe” in a search engine. . .
-1580 visitors came to this website by searching for “Tithing” in a search engine as well. . .
-430 additional visitors came to this website by searching the term “Tithes” in a search engine as well.
- Google’s keyword tool shows that all three keywords above are being searched in the U.S. over 100,000/month. Which means that regardless of how well this website ranks right now, there is still 96% of the population in the U.S. finding other websites on tithing.
- This website is also found through 10,375 other keyphrases in search engines.
- There are 840,606 hits/month on this website.
- 85% of the people that visit the website are new visitors that have never visited this site before.
- 3,285 visits are made with a mobile device.
Because of the impact of this website and the number of people searching for answers and questions on tithing, i had acquired about purchasing two key domain names – “Tithes.com” and “Tithing.com”. Miraculously, I was able to successfully purchase “tithing.com” privately through an individual, and also purchase “Tithes.com” through an auction website. These purchases were not cheap and totaled over $750 all together. Before you think i’m crazy for doing so, let me explain a few reasons why i purchased the domain names
- Keep high profile keyword domain names away from the competition. If you have a domain as the major keyword, your chances of being higher in the searches are greater than if you had a generic domain name. So why would i allow the possible opportunity to give this advantage to those who wish to promote tithing?
- It is my passion. I love this subject of tithing and stewardship in the Church. Don’t worry, i get weary of talking about the same thing all the time,so I have to take breaks. But since i am not one of those geniuses who can excel at any task, i must completely focus on one task and master it to its fullest.
- It is a lifetime ownership. Once a high profile domain name is in someone’s possession, the chance that you will be able to acquire that for yourself would be miraculous. Only 1 person in the world can own “Tithing.com” or “Tithes.com”. That is why i think it is no coincidence that i was able to acquire both domain names at the same time. In all honesty, it was by “divine chance” that i even saw that “tithes.com” was available, and also the previous owner of “tithing.com” had owned the domain for 10 years. So, i practically view this domain acquisition as a divine sign.
Right now, if you type in tithing.com or tithes.com in the address bar, they will both be forwarded to this website. I’m not sure if i will continue to forward these domains in the future, or if they will have their own website, so pray for guidance there. I need to find time to completely over-haul the home page, let alone find time to start two more websites on tithing.
With some facts about the amount interest others have about tithing and stewardship, i hope you have a better perspective as to why i spend so much time studying, writing, and debating. I hope it encourages you to help spread the truth about tithing since i stated that this website is only reaching 4% of those searching for tithing in the U.S.