Tithing Sermons – Should or Shouldn’t?
- Why you should: Your Church is broke.
Why you shouldn’t: Your church will be more broke
I understand that the utilities, rent, and honorable salaries need to be paid. But we need to learn to cut expenses. The “American Greed Dream” can’t creep into homes without it creeping into the Church.
- Why you should: Your pastor wants a new car
Why you shouldn’t: Someone else needs a car more
A little perspective goes a long way. Look at how others poorer than you live their lives and try to imagine your attitude under their circumstances. Determine your wants vs. needs.
- Why you should: Your Church wants a coffee shop
Why you shouldn’t: Your coffee shop is only open 1 day a week
A majority of Church buildings are largely under-utilized so let’s get smart about what were spending our money on.
- Why you should: You want a new building
Why you shouldn’t: Can i remind you that were in a recession?
I’m not saying that great sacrifices can’t be done during hard times, but let’s not forget that a recession means 10% unemployment, higher taxes, forecloses, and salary cuts. Let’s not forget that your biggest need might be to expand your walls, but, someone’s biggest need this week may be what they are going to give their kids for dinner. Once again, a little perspective.
- Why you should: You want to buy new drum set for the band
Why you shouldn’t: Bongo’s are soooo much cheaper!
This may be just my pet peeve, but I’m kind of getting tired of seeing 5 guitar players and a drummer on stage. Can’t anyone play anything else?
- Why you should: You want people to be blessed
Why you shouldn’t: People will be cursed instead
I’ve said it once, I’ve said it twice. . . Shoot! . . . I don’t know how many times I’ve said it, but tithing is an Old Testament law.
Galatians 3:10 – “For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse“
- Why you should: It’s Stewardship month
Why you shouldn’t: Why spend time talking about 10% of our money?
Am i missing something here, or is there a reason why churches are concerned about the 10% that they get from you and spend very little time advising you on the other 90% that they aren’t getting from you? I’m wondering if they take the time to advise you on the 90, I’m sure there would be less problems collecting the 10. Like i said above it’s hard for greed to slip into the home without it slipping into the Church. The apple does not fall far from the tree.
Find us on Google+