Find us on Google+
10 Solid Arguments Against Tithing
- Abraham gave 10% of the spoils of war while Israel was required to give less from the spoils of war. (Hebrews 7:4; Numbers 31:28-30)
- Of all the recorded events about giving in the New Testament Church, there is not a single one about tithing.
- Are the children required to pay tribute? (Matthew 17:25; Galatians 4:5)
- Jacob freely offered the tithe because he knew without a requirement, it was of freewill to give. (Genesis 28:20)
- None of the Israelites tithed while outside of the promised land. (Deuteronomy 12:5)
- Abraham was born under an Old Testament covenant that was established long before Moses. (Genesis 3; Hebrews 8:13)
- The poor received the tithes and did not pay them. (Deuteronomy 26:12)
- Giving is the only gift that has a minimum requirement before you learn to exercise it as a Spiritual gift.
- There is no New Testament command to continue or even modify tithing according to the structure of the New Covenant.
- Israelites who did not grow food or raise animals did not tithe. (Leviticus 27:30)